Friday, January 7, 2022

The School Bus

I thought I heard the school bus
Accompanied by cheering from parents, ‘run fast, you can still catch it’
Did I also hear some cars honk, getting impatient as the bus waits?

I was making my morning tea.
I did not hear anything; my imagination just played.
Two years, no screeching brake sounds from school buses
None have gone to school
They have been waiting. Just like the kids.

Little Neph is waiting to play with friends,
Son keeps dribbling his football looking over the turf from our balcony
None can leave the house, let alone be in the playground.

‘God, please cure the world of Corona so that I can go out and play with friends’, prays the little one. I look up in hope.
Hope someone up there listens. Hope the kids get to play soon. Hope the buses start plying.
Hold on to what we have. Hope.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let them fly and see them soar

   In your vacant room, the lights are always on    But there is no one calling for food And as the door is always ajar I miss screaming, ‘o...