Thursday, January 21, 2010

Life: Some scattered pieces of glass.

And life takes a wrong turn. The road ahead is rough, but there is no other route. There are certain situations that you cannot afford to avoid. Am living through some of them.


Papa’s death has brought us on this sloppy road which seems to be leading to nowhere. But this tough journey is inevitable, and another fall is intolerable.


As I met mom on her 4th day in the ICU, she looked so docile and petite – very unlike her usual self. Her tough authoritative body language was so mild and timid. Inspite of all this, I lied.


Never had lying pinched me so much. As I blurted scripted sentences of papa’s recovery, she seemed to be getting more relaxed and positive. How will I do it to her – snatch all her positivity and enthusiasm to recover by saying those dreaded words – Papa is no more. I wish time can stand still.

1 comment:

radhikaryan said...

When you are sorrowful look again in your heart, and you shall see that in truth you are weeping for that which has been your delight. ~Kahlil Gibran

Your mom's deep sorrow is inevitable, but for some moments in life there are no words

U r doing what u need to my dear - just do the duty of a daughter and keep your mom safe