Friday, March 2, 2007

An early morning thought

The day started too early for me…and the morning was so beautiful, thin sheet of fog and dew on my garden. Gardening for sure was the best time pass…and there I was with my tools. Thanks to the recent downpours, a lot of weeds have mushroomed, some of them trying to give my rose plant, a run for nutrition. The obvious retort was to dig them out...and I obliged almost musing Paul Coelho’s lines from “Like a flowing river” which read that weed is a plant too, who gets the same amount of sun and life from God, but it’s only our perception which makes us decide on which is a plant and which is it, that we want to disregard as a weed. Now some of the weeds had really come up beautifully...it was hard to de root them. I decided to rehabilitate them into a huge tin (cookie pack) that I cud find.

An interesting news item lengthened my though process: The ancient “foundling wheels” concept (a revolving wooden barrel lodged in a wall, often in a convent, that allowed women to deposit their offspring without being seen) has made a comeback in various places across Europe wherein they have modernized the drop-off points, some of them are even equipped with a heated cradle and lifesaving instruments, including a respirator.

I kept thinking about the modern foundling wheel aka the cookie tin pack.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

your creative skills are swinging back, after all that sleeping hours. let more weeds grow on this blog each morning

Anonymous said...

wake up wake up, leave gardening, time for the next post...