Sunday, January 28, 2007

Sunday musings…

Remixes are passé. This is the generation of dare to dream directors….and thus remakes. Don and Umrao Jaan: same story, different canvas. It took me some guts against the public outcry, to finally demand Don from the CD parlor. I admit…I liked it ... cinematography, performances, costumes, techno outlook and a lot more things. Accept it or not, the movie is really good, only if you stop being a part of that national campaign which says Big B jaisa koi nahi and Shahrukh we hate you because you try to give Amitabh a run for roles and money. You even stole his part in KBC…how dare you (an offended freak even called Shahrukh a prostitute in a post on IBN). We know Big B has no equal…don’t we. Even to say that Big B was better is…well foolish. I mean who in the world asked you to compare. So relax…Even Masand at IBN disappointed me with his scene to scene comparison in his review of the movie….but that guy I am sure has something against Farhaan Akhtar(he cud not appreciate Laksya too). Big B and King Khan cannot and should not be compared...if you do that, better shut up and go and watch the gibberish Priyadarshan comedies.

Umrao Jaan's failure...hmm: a mismanaged and hastily executed project, which cud have been better. I did enjoy the beautiful lady in there, she was trying to act good (i said trying). As for Bachan jr...he for sure was looking like a cut surd...lol.

Mauli had good fun at Aryan's B'day. Thanks mom Radhika for the yum party.

Ashi, we miss you and are waiting to hear from you.

2 comments:

Abby said...

Me too... Don was good.

I'll go a li'l step forward... Farhan's direction was better than Chandra Barot in Amitabh's Don.

Don I had only Amitabh. Rest all was very casual.

Don II missed out only on Amitabh. Rest all rocked.

Ipsita said...

Hey Shweta,

I think you are one cool person and quite a fun-person to hang around with. I consider you as one of my, let's say, value-add friends in my most-revered list of office-friends. Keep it going buddy...you do rock! :) Love Ipsi...now that's some compliment which doesn't come easy, so cherish it, ok?