Wednesday, January 31, 2007

Art of talking...

Kirk Arnold, Vice Chair and President and Chief Executive Officer and Aurora Coya,Senior Vice President, Global Practices at Keane. Women power rules Keane and that for sure inspires.

The eloquence of Aurora at the Open House yesterday was impressive, infact more than that. Her words were spontaneous, transparent, and hardcore business. Her straightforward verbalization invited me to understand business decisions…and I felt as if I was a part of it. This is how I perceive communication: way of saying things the way audience can hear and relate too and an effective communicator is one who can step down to the level of the audience and then explain to them eye to eye.

In a place like Keane, where things like communication, expression, body language are alien, Aurora impressed me. The managers here look tired and sleepy and some of them ready to retire (not just from Keane). Sukant is the only Keanite in India who impresses the indolent, apathetic, janta at Keane. He really has mastered the art to impress with his witty and down-to earth message which does go down to everybody comfortably. Hoping people of the energy and style like Sukant and Aurora bless us often.

2 comments:

Ipsita said...

What can I say? I mean, face it guys, aren't you nodding your heads? I do and have no qualms in giving a big nod to some of those emotions churning in my heart since yesterday, ever since, I have heard too-good-to-be-true speeches from the MD and Aurora. Leaves us with a few thoughts though....1. Am I a part of the change? 2. How has exactly 'innovation/Innovation' taken me to the next level? 3. Where the hell is the podium for thought leaders? 4. Huh???? Keanites, rise and shine!

Sameer said...

What to say you guys have explained it all. I think everytime i see and meet sukant energy, style and confidence is injected. We have been talking about the change and transformation but to me change should come within the organisation's thinking and the way of communication. we face it everyday but at last we are the people who can bring transformation. Time is to rise like an eagle and have a better vision to affect the change...